Friday, February 27, 2009

THE TUBES ARE IN AND HE IS FINE!







































Mason and I signed in at 6:40 am. We only waited about 10 minutes before they called us back to the holding room. I put his little gown on, which he looked so cute in, then daddy came in. Phil had to work yesterday so he didn't get off shift until 7 am. We spent most of that waiting time taking pictures, which I will have to upload once I get home. They took Mason back, and asked us to go to the recovery room and be ready for him in a few minutes. Literally, it was only about 5-7 minutes. We heard another little boy crying in the next room, so we were a little nervous about how Mason would be when he came out. They came out, gave him to Phil and he was already whining, then to crying. It broke my heart, but they had warned us that he would be cranky and just confused. I couldn't take it anymore, so I got him from Phil and we sang to him. It took about 15 minutes before he finally calmed down. He wanted his sippy cup right away. I'm so thankful everything went well, and he can finally get some relief from his ears and congestion. Phil has taken him home, so they can cook some scrambled eggs and biscuits. He's such a little trooper.

Pictures will follow tonight.

7 comments:

Rachel E said...

I'm so glad he did well!! I know we've never officially met but we prayed for you guys last night!

Brandie said...

Thanks so much for your prayers! The power of prayer works no matter if we know each other or not.

I'm so glad it's over with and he seems to be doing just fine.

Hope Kingston is feeling good today. (I know he previously had a sinus infection.)

Anonymous said...

Yay trooper Mason! I am SO SO glad it went well, Brandie. You and Phil are such wonderful parents.

Prayers answered!

Brandie said...

Right back at ya, Sarah.

GranNanny said...

WE LOVE YOU MASON!

Anonymous said...

Hey Brandie, Are you doing the Lungs of Steel this weekend? Just wanted to say good luck if you are!

Brandie said...

I had seriously thought about it, but Phil has to work, and we just don't want to spend those funds right now. But we are looking at doing the Mule Day Kick (hopefully), I'm still trying to talk Phil into it.