Friday, February 20, 2009

Ear Infection Will Not Go Away!

I took Mason to the doctor yesterday, because he was so congested. He's been going along so good for the past few weeks, of course he was on antibiotics for about 4 weeks straight in Jan. I was afraid when his birthday party approached, he would get sick. Well, the doctor said his ears are still red and one is way worse than the other. I had hoped, the ear infection was clearing up from extending the antibiotics a few weeks ago, but no such luck. She said he met all the criteria for getting tubes put in. She made us an appointment with an ear, nose, and throat doctor, on Wednesday, Feb. 25, to have a consultation and go from there. That same day is also when we're suppose to have his one year check-up and get all those dreaded shots. However, until then, he's on more antibiotics to clear up all the congestion. I just pray he feels good for his party so that he can enjoy everybody and everybody can enjoy him.

I've heard a lot of people say, once a child gets tubes put in, it makes a world of difference. Hopefully we'll get to see that.

2 comments:

Rachel E said...

Gook Luck with the ear infections and tubes! I'll say a prayer for your little guy!

Anonymous said...

Hey Brandie,
You never want to see your little one go through any pain, but I'm telling you, tubes were the best thing that happened to Jack. He hasn't been sick since!

I hope his birthday is awesome. I'm sure mom and dad will take pictures- maybe give you a break ;)

Get well soon!