Thursday, March 26, 2009

Fourwheeling Fun

This past Sunday, Mason and I spent the day at GranNanny's and Pap-Paw's since Phil was at work. We were pulling Uncle Dakota around in the little wagon. Mason just leaned back on me and enjoyed the ride.







Taking a big step.






Tractor time with Pap-Paw.






Meet Zip. I got her when I was 14, I'm now 24. When Phil and I got married she stayed with mom and dad.


On Monday, I got a call from Hospit-tots to pick up Mason due to him running a 101 fever. I took him to the doctor Tuesday, his temperature was up to 103 even though I had given him Motrin. The doc was unable to find anything wrong, and advised it was more than likely a virus that would have to run it's course. Much to my surprise, the doctor did not prescribe antibiotics. Long story short, I was out of work Tues. and Wed. with Mason since he couldn't go to daycare running a fever. I truly believe his fever was caused by his teething. He also has a lot of congestion, and I do mean a lot. The doctor said once warm weather gets here and stays his runny nose and congestion should go away permanently. Hope she's right.
Although he hasn't been feeling very good this week, he's still learning everything he can. He can say "bath" and "ball" now. He'll try to throw the ball but he pretty much just hands it to me. You can ask him, "Where's the light?" and he'll look up to the ceiling and point. Something I think is so cute, I'll tell Mason, "Let's go change your diaper," and he'll lead me straight to the changing table in his room and wait for me to pick him up.

Have a great weekend!

6 comments:

Rachel E said...

I got a call Tuesday from daycare that Kingston's temp was 103 he ran a fever until this morning. Apparently there is a virus going around that causes a high fever and then just goes away. K also had a severe runny nose they told us to start him on zyrtec for his allergies. I have terrible allergies but I didn't think kids could show signs of out door allergies until after the age of 2 but once we started him on zyrtec all is well. If one of you have seasonal allergies you might want to mention it.

Brandie said...

Rachel thanks for the advice. When Mason was about 10 months old one of the pediatric doctors we seen said to give him 1/4 of a tsp of zyrtex at night and mucinex during the day for his stuffy nose, but they didn't tell us to give him zyrtec everyday, but I'm beginning to wonder if I need to start giving him zyrtec every night before bed. How often do you give it to Kingston and how much? Me nor Phil have seasonal allergies, this was this first winter I've ever had a sinus infection, and I'm pretty sure I got it from Mason. I did ask the doctor about him having allergies when we went Tues. but she said they wouldn't make him run a fever and then she didn't say anything else about allergies, but I think there's a good chance he has them, but I don't know from what. I have made him an appt. for this afternoon to see the doctor again, because his fever is gone but his congestion is getting worse because it's starting to gag him. I sure don't want it to turn into something really bad. Any other advice you have about what's helping Kingston, I would love to hear. Glad he's doing better, hopefully Mason will get that way soon.

Rachel E said...

We give him a teaspoon of Zyrtec every night. It has helped tremendously! He used to have red rimmed eyes and would cough and had a runny nose and since we started the allergy medicine it's like he's a different kid. The allergies didn't make him run a fever this crazy virus did the Zyrtec just helped with everything else. The doc said just give it to him until the hight of allergy season is over. Kind of follow what I'm doing. If my allergies are bothering me then start him on medicine. It's worth talking to your doc about. K is at his 1 year appt. right now I'm anxious to see what they say!

Brandie said...

Thanks Rachel. It's so helpful to get tips from other mothers. Ya'll have a good weekend.

Rachel E said...

What was the verdict? Is Mason doing any better?

Brandie said...

The doctor prescribed antibiotics to take for 5 days and also to give a 1/2 tsp of zyrtec before bed until his congestion clears up. He didn't seem to think he had allergies, but he was catching stuff from daycare. I just hope he gets over this round and hopefully we'll be in the clear. Today he's not nearly as stopped up as he was on Friday.