Tuesday, December 16, 2008

Decorating for Christmas

Mason and I decorated our tree on Sunday evening. Normally, I put a little 2 foot artificial tree on top of our stereo, but this year for Mason's first Christmas, I wanted a real tree. Going from a small tree to a big one made our ornaments look scarce. We don't have a fireplace to hang our stockings, so we made do with hanging them on the lower part of the tree, (also to take up some space).




Mason unpacking the ornaments.


He found a candy cane.


I forgot all about this ornament. When I took it out of the box, it opened it's eyes and mouth and said, "Hey, up here, hanging in the tree." Then it preceded to sing "Rocking Around the Christmas Tree." Needless to say Mason was infatuated with it.



Mason's first ornament. I got this at the Nashville Fairgrounds when they held the Christmas Village.


I got this ornament at a Christmas shoppe in Myrtle Beach.


His stocking. He picked it out himself at Toys R Us.
Mason has really enjoyed the tree, especially when we turn off the living room lights and we just have the tree lights. We are now counting the days till Christmas. It'll be here before we know it. Have a great week.





No comments: