Sunday, December 19, 2010

YAY for Mason!

After church this afternoon, we came home and Mason said, "I need to poo poo." Usually we just take off the under wear and put on a pull up. But we talked him into trying to use the potty. I took our portable DVD player that we just got on Black Friday and put Toy Story in it. He agreed to watch the movie while sitting on the potty. We check on him every couple of minutes, him telling us he's OK. Then he tells me, "Mommy I can't poo poo." I said, "Mason just take your time, we're in no hurry!" So, I go back in a couple more minutes and decide to try something different. See, he likes to squat when he poops, so I helped him get his feet on the toilet seat and squat. Within in a few seconds he yelled,"Momma come here!!" I ran in the bathroom to hear him say, "I did it!" Sure enough he had. Even though he didn't sit the correct way, he still poo pooed in the potty. He just has to squat to do his business. LOL. Now, we have to get a Mickey Mouse. That's what we promised him if he would do #2 in the potty. He's so excited to go pick out a movie. Hopefully he's on the road to being fully potty trained. He wears under wear all the time except for daycare and when he has to poo poo. He goes and pees all by himself at home and daycare. He's been doing that for about 3 months now. Yay Mason!!

No comments: