Thursday, November 20, 2008

Not Feeling So Well...

The past few days have been a little rough for Mason. I guess it started Sunday night. It's the usual runny/stuffy nose, and fever that comes and goes. This has caused some sleepless nights due to the fact, he CAN'T BREATH. His little nose is just terrible. Phil and I wish there was something more we could do for him, but all we have is the humidifier and a steam vaporizer. I've also used saline spray for infants, but I really can't tell if that's helping or not. Last night has been the worst. He only slept in his bed for about an hour before waking up. He and I slept in the recliner, while he tossed and turned trying to get comfortable. He would doze off for about 20 minutes at a time, then start all over again with the tossing and turning. At one point I had to get up to visit the restroom and I knew he was not going to like me sitting him down. But you got to go you got to go, right? I sat him down on the living room floor and dashed to the bathroom, he cried and cried, then I heard silence. When I came back he was asleep on the floor. I let him be and slept on the couch. He stayed there for 2 1/2 hours before waking up this morning at 5:00. It's nights like this that really make me feel like a mother, to care for my child when he's sick. Although I have to admit, I still get a little frustrated when I'm so sleepy, but I have to remind myself, "Brandie, he's not doing this on purpose."

He still plays and acts like he feels good for the most part, but you can look at his eyes and tell he's not 100%.

He has a 9 month checkup on Friday at 3:30. (He turned 9 mths on Wednesday.)
I know he has to get a flu shot on this visit, but I don't think he has to get any other shots. If he still has this sinus stuff going on, the doctor may give us Amoxicyllin again. (Spelling ?)

Surprisingly, I have not taken any pictures this week. (I don't know what's wrong with me.) I do plan on trying to set up something to do some Christmas pictures of Mason. I have to do a make- shift studio, with a white bed sheet and duct tape or pins to hang the sheet up for a backdrop. You'd be surprised how the final result comes out.

I would like to request prayers for Mason, so that he may get back to his normal self.

Hopefully, I will pick up my camera this weekend and take some pictures of our little guy.

I guess everybody is busy making plans for Thanksgiving next week. I still can't believe the holiday season is already upon us. Have a fun and safe weekend.

No comments: