Saturday, November 22, 2008

The Doctor Said...

Mason had his 9 month checkup yesterday. The doctor said he has an ear infection. (This is his first ear infection.) He was prescribed stronger antibiotics than when he had the croup on Halloween. We are to go back in about 3-4 weeks for his ear to be looked at again, unless we can tell he's all better.

Even though he was sick, but not running a fever, the doctor decided to go ahead and give him a flu shot. He was taking a bottle when the nurse gave him the shot and he never flinched. I was waiting on his screaming cry. I guess the bottle out weighed the pain, or maybe he's just one tough cookie.

Last night he did better sleeping than he has in the past 3 nights. He only woke up once with his stuffy nose. It didn't take but 30 minutes and he was back out. Then he slept till 6:20 this morning.

His little nose doesn't seem to be running as much this morning. He's already playing in the kitchen floor with one of my stainless steel pots, that he got off the shelf himself.

I just pray this is a good sign he's getting better.

Have a great Saturday. I don't know about you, but we are staying indoors today. It is too coooold outside!!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm glad to be back home reading my favorite blogs. I am glad to hear Mason is doing better. Ear infections can be rough. I happen to be an expert! `xDzXSZA (Sorry, that was Jack)... Also glad Jack got to meet Phil while I was out of town! We will have to make an effort to get the boys together next time we're around :)

Brandie said...

Yeah, Phil told me he got to meet baby Jack. He said Jack almost went to sleep in his arms. He also said he's as cute in person as he is on the blog.

Mason seems to be much better. Of course we are still giving the antibiotics. He's sleeping a lot better at night. He was waking up two or three times a night, but since Friday he's only waking up once during the night. Thank goodness.

Glad you had a safe trip.