Saturday, June 21, 2008

Turning 4 Months Old Means More Shots, OUCH!

Mason had his 4 month checkup on Friday (he actually turned 4 mths on Thursday the 19th). He weighed in at 16lbs 14oz, 25 3/4 ins. long. The doctor said he is above average and we think so too. Everything was fine until the nurse stuck that first needle in his leg, and Mason SCREAMED like I had never heard him before. My mom went with me since Phil was in hay and couldn't make it. I knew with him getting shots I needed somebody else there with me. About 5 minutes later he was asleep in the car seat. Poor baby. I would've taken pictures of it, but who wants to be reminded of that.


In the past couple of weeks Mason has really learned to let out some screams and squeals. Even when feeding him rice cereal or baby food he tries talking and squealing. He's so funny. I told him he couldn't talk and eat at the same time, but I really don't think he cared. We have given him sweet potatoes, green beans, carrots, and now squash. He has liked all of them. Although on the second day of green beans he made a weird face every time he took a bite, but he still took them. This week we'll try some fruits and see how that goes.




Posing for mommy's camera.




16lbs of MUSCLE




"Ain't I a stinker?"




He couldn't stop staring at Phil's hat, so he let Mason wear it.
Never to early to teach the right colors.

Mason didn't run a fever last night from the shots but he did this morning, so we gave him Tylenol. His temperature got much better. We went to Lowes and Wal-Mart to pick up a few things and saw a few people we knew. You really can't go to Wal-Mart and not see someone you know. Then when we got home Mason took a three hour nap. I can get a whole lot done in those three hours. Hope everyone had a good week.

No comments: