Monday, April 19, 2010

After Leaving Mason with Pow Pow.....


Nanny and I did some shopping at Cool Springs Galleria Saturday afternoon. I needed some summer maternity tops and she needed some shorts and capri's. Pow Pow agreed to keep Mason and Dakota while we went on our shopping spree. After telling him how to do this, when to do that, etc., he then reminded me that he had raised two children already. While that's true, I don't remember very many times, if any, that he changed Dakota's diapers especially a stinky one. Great PawPaw was also there, so that made me feel better as far having an extra set of eyes to watch Mason, since they were at the back of the property working on a fence. Of course you know, Mason did have a stinky diaper while in Pow Pow's care, and much to my surprise Mason was clean and sleeping when we got back. However, the above picture tells you he was in the care of men. We came in to find him asleep on the pool table, with a T-shirt, diaper and socks. For a pillow, Pow Pow was nice enough to give him a life jacket.

My question to Pow Pow:
Me: "Dad, do you think you could've found a better spot to lay Mason down?"
Pow Pow: "Doesn't he look pretty, darn comfortable to you?"
I guess he did have a point!




Phil and Mason, two peas in a pod! These were taken Saturday night right before bedtime.




3 comments:

Anonymous said...

This story is SOOOOO true! I love it!! I needed this little laugh! Hope you and the family are well, will we be seeing you and the crew at mom and dad's Memorial Day paarty??

Brandie said...

Glad it brought you a laugh! Yes, we should be there. I'm looking forward to it!

Kitty Deschanel said...

LOL! That top photo is too cute :)

Lamb’s Most Recent Post: Woot, Woot! Party at the 2010 HGTV Green Home!