Friday, April 9, 2010

We Were Busy on Good Friday!



We started out Good Friday with Mason wearing "Big Boy Underwear!" I've heard a few people say, they went straight to underwear instead of pull-ups with their toddlers and it worked. He was so excited about putting these underwear on and did really good for the first 2 hours. I kept reminding him that he did not have a diaper on and to let me know if he needed to go potty. He would say, "yes ma'am." Then we where about to head to town and I picked him up and he was wet. I said, "uh-oh, you already did it." He really didn't seem to care that he had peed on himself. So, needless to say we put a diaper before going to town. I have to say he looked pretty sharp in his Cars underwear and I was glad he was so ready to put them on! We will keep trying this training exercise, when we're home on the weekends. Potty training is FUN! LOL!


Mason in the truck before going to town. He has so many funny faces!



First we headed to Co-Op to get some new tires for the lawnmower. I looked around in the store while Phil and Mason went in the greenhouse to get some onion slips. I then heard Phil yelling Mason's name. So, I walked out to see what was going on. Well, Mason had gotten away from him and he couldn't find him. I started to get a little worried, because usually comes right back if he gets away from us. Phil looked on one side of the greenhouse and I looked on the other. I was looking out at the parking lot and then looked down and there he was bent down in the middle of 4 pallets of potting soil. Guess what he was doing? Poo-poo! He was just smiling at me! I yelled at Phil to let him know I found him. Phil said, "I hope you wore him out good." I said, "Well, he's a little busy at the moment doing his business." I didn't want to interfere with a man's business. It really scared me and Phil. It just goes to show how quick a child can disappear! After that little episode we got our tires and headed to Wal-Mart to get a sand box. Then to Bruster's for some ice cream!

Look at his tongue sticking out! He basically made a mess with his ice cream, but we had fun!



This is Phil telling Mason to sit down and don't move. You see that Mason really pushes the limit to the MAX as he slowly scoots off the seat. I had to hold back my giggles!


After all that Mason fell asleep on the way home. We let him sleep in the truck for a little while, since it was so nice outside.


Then while I was mowing the yard, they built a ramp on our storage building.

Mason was a big helper for his daddy! He actually was pretty good at hammering that nail!


Now, we can put the lawnmower in our own building.

Taking a short stroll on his tricycle.






We also dug up a garden spot. We still have to till it, but Phil decided to go ahead and plant the onions on one side. I'm so excited about a garden this year. We wanted to do one last year, but just didn't do it. I can't wait for the fresh tomatoes!!! I can taste them now, Yum!
Mason was eager to help daddy again!


I had so much fun watching them and capturing the moments. These two are quite comical as a father and son team! I love them both so, so much!


And of course Lucy had to stick her nose in the camera!


What a GREAT day, filled with lots of quality time together as a family!














No comments: