Monday, August 24, 2009

The FLU Hits Home

Mason woke up about 1:00 a.m. Friday morning with a fever. He ran a fever all day Friday and all day Saturday. I took him to the pediatric clinic Saturday morning, they tested for flu since it's been going around and sure enough it came back positive for Influenza A, (the doctor said that's what they are calling the swine flu). He's been prescibed TamiFlu twice a day for 5 days. I had a bad feeling that when he still had the fever on Saturday morning, that it was a good chance he had the flu. He's doing fine, even with a runny nose, ecspecially when he sneezes. I think the TamiFlu must make him sleepy because for the past 3 days, we've done pretty much nothing, but sit in the recliner. I stayed home today for precaution reasons. He should be fine now since he's been fever free for over 24 hours, but I just wanted to make sure I wasn't going to get it and spread it at work. Hopefully tomorrow he'll be able to go to daycare and I'll be able to go to work. Phil and I are washing our hands and using Germ-X like crazy.

We've all heard the "bad" stuff about this flu, so please keep Mason in your prayers.

2 comments:

Rachel E said...

Oh no! I will keep you guys in my prayers! Poor little Mason!

Anonymous said...

Oh, NO! Feel better soon!