Monday, October 6, 2008

The Pumpkin Patch

If you couldn't tell where we went, here it is.

Mason, Dakota, and I meet Cassie, Jackson, and Cayden at their house in Lynnville to make a visit to the Pumpkin Patch. This was my first visit and I would encourage anybody to go. It was so much fun. The country atmosphere, hay ride, train rides, pumpkins, mums, corn stalks, animals, popcorn and cold drinks. You just can't get much more relaxed than that.

Cassie and I were on our toes keeping up with boys, more so Cassie than me, because of course I was taking pictures of Mason.










"Baby's First Halloween"










A caged in hayride. No worries.












I haven't had much experience photographing children except for Dakota and now Mason, but I've never photographed two at a time. Cassie wanted a good fall picture of her two boys to send out some Halloween cards. I sure tried, but they were so distracted by everything that was going on it was impossible to get them both with a smile. They weren't worried about taking pictures, there was just to much ground to be covered. They all had so much fun. Here's a few of Jackson and Cayden.


















"This is one of my favorites."


Mason tried to eat several leaves and sticks, but mommy spoiled the fun.







Thanks again Cassie and boys for a fun afternoon. (And supper.)

One more bit of news, Mason pulled himself up for the first time last night on a cardboard box full of his baby food jars. I didn't get to see him actually do it, because Phil yelled, "Brandie, " so when I looked he was already standing. I was so amazed, I couldn't move. I thought about the camera then the video camera. I didn't know which one to get. Well, by the time I got one of them he had sat back down. I know this is only the beginning of another milestone. Also, he maybe getting some toofers pretty soon, it looks like one is trying to break through on the bottom.

We will be leaving for Myrtle Beach on Saturday for a week. So, don't get worried if you don't hear from us. Keep us in your prayers for safe traveling. I will be driving me and Mason in the X-terra for the first 4 to 5 hours, because Phil has to take the Williamsport fire truck to a place in Georgia, and then pick it up when we come back through. I'm not a big fan of driving on the interstate.

Hope everyone has a great week.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

These are great!!! I love the one of the boys together. SO sweet.
Ya'll be safe driving. Can't wait to see pictures from your trip!

Isn't it funny how you think to shoot for the blog... My poor family. They know that when I'm snapping, it is possible it will end up on the World Wide Web!

Take care gang!

Aunt Cassie said...

Great pictures, Brandie! Even if the bigger boys did not cooperate for pictures! They had a really good time! We all enjoyed, it was a great Saturday!