Sunday, January 16, 2011

Bringing in the New Year! 2011

Even though we cheated and celebrated the New Year at 10pm instead of midnight, we all had a great time. I spent most of the night dancing away to the game, Dance Central on the Xbox. Luckily, nobody took a picture of me. (It's only because they don't know how to use my camera, LOL.)


Parker with his "Aunt Cassie."


Dakota & Jackson playing the Xbox.


Shootin' the bull!


Eugene, Granny Rubert, Parker, Granny Pullen




Mason, Nanny, Jackson


Cayden & Mason


Cassie trying to get a kiss from Mason.










I'm ready for 2011. I know a lot of people say they are going to lose weight/get in shape for the new year, then after a month they just give up. I am making small goals for weight loss. Lose a pound a week. My goal is eventually to lose 60 pounds. I've already lost 6 pounds in the last month. I'm trying to make better food choices, eat smaller portions(using a saucer plate to eat supper with), and exercise. Trying to cook more healthy foods for supper, instead of thawing out something frozen. I'm a long way from cooking/choosing the perfect foods for me and my family, but I think we're headed on the right track. I'm doing Zumba on the Xbox Kinnect at 4:30am, before everybody else wakes up, that's the only way I can get any exercise into my daily routine. My biggest cheerleader of course is my wonderful husband, Phil. When I push the snooze on my alarm, he becomes my human alarm. He assures me that I can do this. AND I WILL!!

Also, I've got the two ladies, Elana & Katie, who work in my office on board with eating healthy, watching our caloire intake, and of course, exercise.

Luckily, I went back down to my pre-pregnancy weight about 3 weeks after having Parker. So, I'm starting with the weight I've been trying to get rid of for the past 2 to 3 years.

This is the year to get serious about my weight loss goals!

No comments: